Today’s guest is Imogen Fox – a hardcore dieter turned body positivite activist who is embracing self-acceptance while also making it accessible to disabled people. You can read more about Imogen HERE.
Things we cover in this show:
- Imogen’s take on why we need to get away from the body-centric position within body positivity.
- What we need to look at with the intersection of body positivity and non-able bodies.
- The difference between self-love and body positivity.
- How she has noticed body currency within her IG platform.
- Imogen’s journey of acceptance to her body versus seeing her body as an enemy.
- The discussion around the moralization and obsession with health.
- How she got into disability activism.
- Reclaiming her worth as a disabled woman.
- Her thoughts on “becoming healthy will make me happy”
- The privilege of being able to perform health or live up to the ideal of health.
- How clean eating is impacting our culture.
- Reframing what self-care really is and what we need to be aware of when it comes to non-able bodies.
- Questions to ask yourself before posting to social media.
- Why we need to stop shrinking our impairments.
- What she is currently Reclaiming in her life.
Connect with Imogen: